Privacy & Cookies Policy
PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
Last Updated: July 2020
This website is owned and operated by Drive Investment Funds Plc (company registration number 558577), acting for and on behalf of its sub-fund Drive NS Fund whose registered office is at 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin D02 R296. In the context of data protection, Drive Investment Funds Plc is a controller for the personal information that it collects and uses about you (the Data Controller) and Savills Commercial (Ireland) Limited, in its capacity as property manager, is the Data Processor. Our use of your personal data will be governed by this Privacy Notice.
In this policy, any reference to “we”, “our or “us” is to Drive Investment Funds Plc and any reference to “you” is to the person visiting this website and/or the Northside Shopping Centre. In this policy, the singular includes the plural and the masculine includes the feminine.
If you have any questions relating to privacy or data protection, please contact us by post at Northside Shopping Centre, Oscar Traynor Road, Dublin 17, by phone on 01-8486049 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name, contact details, date of birth or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
Some personal information is classified as “special” information under the data protection legislation. This includes information relating to race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data when used to uniquely identify the individual, biometric data when used to uniquely identify the individual, health data, data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive, and we need to have further justifications for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
Collection of Personal Data
You can visit our website and Northside Shopping Centre without disclosing your personal data. However, if you consent to participate in competitions or promotions, and/ or sign up to receive newsletters or e-mails, we may collect some of your personal data. The personal data that may be collected and processed can include:
- data that you provide to receive the Northside Shopping Centre newsletter/E-zine, such as your name and email address.
- data you provide if you enter any online competition or promotion. This may include your name, telephone number and email address. There may also be an opt-in to receive information on future shopping centre promotions.
- your video image as captured by the CCTV system and information on incidents and accidents that occur.
- details of your visit to our website, including traffic data and any resources that you may access.
Use of Personal Data
We may use the collected data in a number of ways, primarily from a marketing perspective, to inform customers of activities and promotions that we feel would be of interest to them, the following are examples of how we may make use of your personal data:
- To provide you with information about events, special offers, promotions and other activities relevant to Northside Shopping Centre and its traders.
- To inform you of any relevant changes to the Shopping Centre.
- To inform you of any competition or promotions, and to contact you in the event of you being successful.
- To protect the property and ensuring the safety of visitors, tenants and clients, as well as to assist with the prevention and detection of crime.
In addition to the purposes already described, the Data Controller uses the data collected to perform essential business operations, for example: to understand usage patterns (such as foot traffic) within our centres; to develop, provide, improve and personalise Northside Shopping Centre products and services; and, to provide customer service/support. We may undertake additional research, analysis, and surveys, both online and in our centres.
Use of Children’s Information
The Data Controller does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16, but it may be collected from parents/guardians with their consent. Examples include the Kids Club services within our centres, and competitions that involve children’s participation.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal data to Northside Shopping Centre without your consent, please contact us and we will delete that information from our databases.
Storage of Personal Data
The Data Controller shall retain the personal data collected only for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. We retain certain categories of data for the following periods:
- E-newsletter information: for so long as you actively engage with our e-newsletter, after which we only retain the information for 1 year. If you request to unsubscribe or withdraw your consent to be contacted, you may receive communications whilst our systems update. We will delete your information within three months unless we hold it for other purposes, for example if you are registered for other services.
- General CCTV footage: 30 days
- CCTV footage of personal injury: 4 years for adults; 4 years after 16th birthday for minors
- CCTV footage of property damage: 7 years
- Personal injury records (other than CCTV): 10 years for adults; 21 years for minors
- Property damage records (other than CCTV): 6 years
We provide further information in specific privacy notices on:
- specific retention periods for recruitment, employees and workers (available to a candidate when they apply for a role); and
- our uses of personal data for safeguarding and security purposes, available here.
The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal data for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.
The security of your personal data is important to us. While we follow generally accepted security standards to safeguard the information submitted to us, it is not possible to guarantee its security or integrity on the internet. Therefore, we encourage you to take precautions to protect your personal data, including protecting your passwords, using secure networks to access the internet, and logging out of online services when you are away from your device.
We may transfer, store, or process your personal information in locations outside the Republic of Ireland and the European Economic Area (EEA). Where the countries to which your personal information is transferred do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of Ireland, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
We’ll use one of these safeguards:
- Transfer it to a non-EEA country that has received an adequacy decision from the European Commission. This means that country has privacy laws that give the same protection as within the EEA.
- Put in place the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses with the recipient. This means that they must protect it to the same standards as organisations within the EEA.
- Transfer it to organisations that have implemented binding corporate rules, which have been approved by an EU supervisory authority.
Disclosure of Personal Data
If the Data Controller sells any part of its business and/or integrates it with another organisation your details may be disclosed to their advisers and to approved purchasers or joint venture partners and their advisers. If this occurs the new owners of the business will only be permitted to use your information in the same or similar way as set out in this privacy notice.
We may disclose your personal data when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or personal injury claims, comply with the law, including valid legal requests from the Garda Síochána and other government agencies.
We will also disclose your personal data where we use third party service providers who process personal information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. This includes IT systems providers and IT contractors, as well as third party referencing or screening agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime.
We will not disclose any of your personal data to third parties or anyone engaged in direct marketing.
The Data Controller will not be responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identified as such.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include:
- the right to be informed: know how we use your personal data;
- the right of access: obtain access to personal data that we hold of you;
- the right to rectification: request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- the right to erase (also known as the right to be forgotten): request that we erase your personal data;
- the right to restrict processing: ask us to restrict our information processing activities;
- the right to data portability: request a copy of certain personal data that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format;
- the right to object: object to our processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection, we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information;
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: right not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you can do so at any time, by contacting us by post Northside Shopping Centre, Oscar Traynor Road, Dublin 17, by phone on 01 8486049 or email at.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites and allows a website to recognise a user’s computer. Cookies are used to help users navigate websites more efficiently and to perform certain functions, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
What Cookies Do We Use?
When browsing our website, cookies that are strictly necessary for the performance and function of the website are automatically utilised. We will only utilise non-essential cookies if you have provided us with consent to do so by selecting ‘Allow all cookies’ in the cookies banner.
Refer to the list below to see the cookies used by this website and a brief description of how each cookie works.
Purpose: Records the ISO language code the site defaults to and is updated by the users selection;
More information: Perpetual;
Purpose: Records the country ISO code the site defaults to and is updated by the users selection
More information: Perpetual
Purpose: Unique identifier for user
More information: Perpetual
- Google Analytics
Purpose: The Savills Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. This sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website and compile reports for us on activity of our website.
More information: How to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
- Google Adwords
Purpose: The Savills Website uses Google Adwords to remarket or use similar audiences to display adverts on other 3rd party websites.
More information: To opt out: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB
Purpose: Advertising and marketing effectiveness. A floodlight tag is an image pixel that is created within DFA and resides on the Advertiser’s webpage. We may use this for re-targeting optimisation, reporting, and attribution of online adverts.
More information: How to reject or delete this cookie- https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en#display_optout
More information: For more information: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Purpose: Savills uses Yandex Metrica, an analytics platform to evaluate your use of our website.
More information: to opt out: https://yandex.com/support/metrica/general/opt-out.xml
- TV Squared
Purpose: TV Squared allows us to track the effectiveness of our TV advertising. TV Squared collects information anonymously including the number of visitors to the site, which site or search engine they have come from and the pages they have visited. TV Squared do not collect any personally identifiable information.
- iGo Digital
More information: More information: http://pages.exacttarget.com/iGoDigitalPrivacy
- Giosg Live Chat
More information: https://www.giosg.com/terms-of-service
Purpose: The Savills website uses WebTrends Analytics package to evaluate the activity on our website.
More information: More information and how to opt out: https://kb.webtrends.com/articles/Information/Opting-out-of-Tracking-Cookies-1365447872915
How Do I Restrict or Delete Cookies?
The 12 cookies we use are essential for parts of the website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this website, but please be aware that restricting or deleting cookies may impact on the functionality of the website.
Your web browser may allow you to restrict or delete cookies set by this website. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org, which provides general information about cookies and how you can manage cookies on your computer.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may update this Privacy & Cookies Policy from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. Please refer to our website (http://northsideshoppingcentre.ie) for the most up to date version of this document.